Rock the Heart (Black Falcon, #1)

Rock the Heart (Black Falcon, #1) - Michelle A. Valentine Rock the Heart is a great rock star romance. From the moment I saw the cover and read the blurb I knew it would be my type of book and I was not disappointed. Noel Falcon and Lanie Vance grew up together; they were high school sweethearts, best friends the whole nine yards with all benefits included. That was working out fine until the day Lanie decided to break Noel’s heart and leave him. Fast forward four years; Lanie is now an intern at a Major New York ad agency where they want to land the hot new rock band, Black Falcon, and their new charity as an account. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem but this band is fronted by no other than Noel Falcon! Within a moment’s notice who happens to get the opportunity to land this account? You guessed it; Lanie! I have to agree with her; eye contact is a pain in the ass! Lanie’s job is riding on her landing this account. "What in the hell am I going to say to Noel? Sorry for stomping your heart four years ago? Oh and by the way I’m only here to land my dream job."Lanie is a bit freaked out and who wouldn’t be when you now have to face and schmooze the gorgeous rock star that is lusted worldwide; whose heart YOU broke four years ago. It shouldn’t be that hard right? Tell that to Lanie when she flies to her hometown to see Noel and the boys of Black Falcon put on a show. What could happen with Noel onstage singing…a song dedication perhaps?"It’s called Ball Busting Bitch, and Lane, this one’s for you." Lanie decides dealing with Noel isn’t worth the drama so she goes back to New York. A few decision making items are thrown on the table from her boss along with a very persuasive phone call…can Lanie really do this? Does she want this job that bad?About those items; one of them, to get the account, Lanie would have to go on tour with Noel and the band to get all the up-close and personal details. Ulterior motives maybe Noel? Small confined spaces with a rock band full of well, um rock stars? Okay folks, all aboard the bad boy party train! Rock the Heart is a great story about what hindsight can do to a person and ultimately a relationship. I loved seeing Noel and Lane (as he calls her) together getting reacquainted and at the same time never missing a beat from where they left off. The things that they went through together and then what they go through apart was what could either make them stronger or finally break them. The band members and Lanie’s best friend were a fun addition to the story. I love the brother hood that band mates have, how they play, love and fight with passion. These boys would do anything for each other including sacrifice what they want the most. Don’t get me started on Riff and those damn Oreos he hoards! Lanie’s girl, Aubrey? Everyone should have a friend like that. To be there for you when you are down and to give you a swift kick in the ass when you really need it! There is a twist in the book that I didn’t see coming. I knew something was up and really wanted to give Noel a spanking for his behavior but the revelation was a smack in the face! What a mess that was. The resolution was laid out and not taken lightly; the outcome was perfect. If you like your books filled with bad boy rockers who live the lifestyle; hard, fast, loud and dangerous but at the same time have a romantic heart of gold…Rock the Heart is for you! "Lane. I’m still crazy over you. I know it’s been a while, but it feels like just yesterday when you walked out of my life. When you left me, I was so empty. I tried to get over you. I really did but you were always there. Every woman I ever kissed was you."ARC provided by the author. Thank you Michelle!