The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionare, #3)

The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionare, #3) - Jennifer Probst The third installment in the Marriage to a Billionaire series is stunning. I didn’t think Nick and Alexa from The Marriage Bargain could be topped and then I met Michael and Maggie from The Marriage Trap. Of course I loved them; I was so connected to their story I didn’t think I could read The Marriage Mistake until a friend told me to cut the cord and dive in. Max and Carina, I have to say my cheeks got the ultimate workout from the constant smile on my face as I read every word of their story. This series just keeps getting better and better! Ms. Probst has outdone herself again!"Carina Conte stared into the flickering flame of her homemade campfire and reminded herself she wasn’t crazy. She was just a woman in love. Her hand trembled around a piece of paper. Carina glanced down at the page. Okay, time to summon Earth Mother." Carina is the youngest in the Conte family. The one everyone feels the need to protect and guide has finally grown up. She has her MBA and has arrived in New York to learn more about the running’s of La Dolce Maggie. While she imagined her brother Michael would toss her in the accounting department where she excels with numbers, he has other ideas. Michael wants her to shadow someone, that someone is none other than Maximus Gray! The childhood crush and love of her life that she had finally moved passed and now she has to be in his close company every day. Oh Carina, I wish I could feel sorry for you, but I have met Max.From the second Max and Carina are in the same room together the connection is undeniable but they both try to fight it. Max is attracted but feels a sense of familial obligation, a need to protect Carina even from himself."Horrified at the sudden veer of his thoughts, he quickly imagined nuns in underwear and got himself back in control." Carina is excited to be in a new country, with a new job, new apartment and new possibilities for her life; including her love life. Having to be around Max day in and day out at work is something she is dealing with even if it means flirting and dating other men. Max has always been “the one” for her but after years of her unrequited feelings she isn’t going to let a little attraction get the best of her or stop her from getting what she wants. What if Max is still what she wants?Max and Carina have passion that sizzles beneath the surface and comes out with steam when they are close. I could feel the emotion, the tension and the sensuality at the fair, the event when they danced and the confrontation after it. The animal magnetism that brings these two hot blooded Italians together is also the force that can repel them to the point of no return. Thank goodness Michael needs a job done and sends Max and Carina on a business trip together!The Venetian Hotel has never held as many memories for me as it does now. The deal that Max and Carina make is one that will fulfill their needs and desires. They have it all planned out but life has a funny way of stepping in when you least expect it and has plans of its own.In some dim corner of his mind, he always imagined if he ever kissed Carina it would be more of a spiritual experience; an initiation into tenderness and the gentle slide of lip against lip. Instead, the reality ripped through him with a savageness he never believed possible. He was going to hell and it was worth every damn moment.She lay back and watched with hungry eyes that only hardened him further. “You’re so beautiful,” she choked out.He shook his head and joined her on the bed. “No, you’re fucking gorgeous. Beyond anything I ever dreamed." That life with plans that I mentioned comes sweeping in as the force that is Mama Conte. I love this woman. She is knowledgeable and kind. She is a forceful and comforting as Mother Nature herself. Mama Conte is not to be messed with but at the same time; I just want to hug her and make pasta in her kitchen alongside her.With the guidance of Mama Conte Max and Carina embark on their Marriage Mistake. Mistake or not they are challenged by each other and themselves to look deep inside for what they want. Carina must the direction her life is going to take and meet it head on regardless of the consequence. Max must overcome his insecurities to fight for what he wants at any cost. With the passion these two have for each other the sparks fly at every road block, bump and grind they come across."I love you. I've always loved you, but I needed to love me more before I could give you what you need. The question was never will I come back to you. The question is, will you come back to me?" The Marriage Mistake is a wonderful story of two strong, stubborn and passionate people bound to each other by something so powerful it can’t be denied. The strength of that bond is what can build them up or tear them apart. I have thoroughly enjoyed the story of Max and Carina and will hold it with me tucked away safe; right next to Nick, Alexa, Michael and Maggie. There is room for two more…did I hear there will be a fourth book in the series? Ms. Probst to quote the lovely and fiery Carina "Bring it!" ARC copy provided by Gallery Books via Edelweiss for an honest review.