When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1)

When You Were Pixels (Syntax #0.1) - Julio-Alexi Genao In the words of George Takei…Oh. My. Where oh where did this book come from? This was stunning. This was brilliant. This was heartbreaking. This was stellar and this was only 20+ pages! I am not one to read Science Fiction nor am I one to who is comfortable stepping out of my world into another but the author sucked me into Antho’s head and his story so quickly that I had no choice. No choice but to read this gorgeous story holding my breath waiting for that simple moment of realization. To say it again, Oh my. I have to read this again and again and again. Did I mention the page number of this story? I am so impressed with an author when they can make me feel a range of emotions so quickly and so thoroughly. Page numbers mean nothing; the words laid on the digital page one after another, so fitting for this story, are what matters. The way I felt while reading them is what matters and right now I am simply stunned and attempting NOT to cry at my desk where I did indeed sneak read the last five pages. This was complete. It was again, beautiful and thought provoking and this story, played out in my mind as if I were watching it form pixel by pixel… I gave you all my secrets, and you lost them all. You lost a lot of things. You’ve forgotten me, but I’ll remember you as long as I live. My name is Antho, and I love you.