Risking It All

Risking It All - Jennifer  Schmidt I received Risking it All as an ARC from The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House via Netgalley. Thank you for the opportunity. I could not be more pleased with this book at this moment. I stayed up until 1am to finish it because I couldn’t put it down. I could not go to sleep and not know what happened!Kennedy Monroe meets the handsome, charming and womanizing Memphis Adams in college. Firmly stating that she would NOT sleep with him the two become friends, best friends and a friendship that lasts 12 years. Through their relationship they have always been there for one another, supporting and encouraging each others paths in life. Though Kennedy has a boyfriend (Brooks) Memphis is there for her when she needs it the most, and is there for her when Brooks is not. Memphis a travel photographer, gets an assignment in Alaska which just happens to be the one place Kennedy has been dreaming of going. He invites her to go with him and what we find between these two long time friends is the decision to Risk it All or not. Memphis and Kennedy have great chemistry, both as friends and more. The way they both know each other so well makes this such an interesting read. I found myself falling in love with Memphis from the beginning and just wanting him to have everything he deserves. Kennedy was really confused with her decision she needed to make and I felt for her, it wasn’t simple though it really seemed that way. One of my favorite scenes was in the cabin when Kennedy tells Memphis their first kiss wasn’t about Brooks…that scene was so intense it rivaled the speech Holden (Ben Affleck) gives Alyssa (Joey Lauren Adams) in the car in the movie Chasing Amy! There was so much emotion just spilling from her mouth and then when he responds “Are you done?” Holy Hot Sex Scene! Can I get a high five for sex on the wall/door! Goodness that scene was steamy. Ms. Schmidt really has these scenes down; I could not get enough of them. The scenes are not just about sex; they portray the emotion, sensuality, playfulness and down right levels of erotica that had me blushing. I can say that I have never thought of a handicap bathroom being as sexy as I did in this book. I need a fan and a glass of cold water please. Memphis Adams ranks high on my list of hot, romantic men in books. He is up there with Brian Ross from Rock Me and Kellan Kyle from Thoughtless/Effortless. Risking it All takes you on a journey of emotions; the ones you wear on your sleeve and the ones you keep deep inside because of fear. Friendship, lust, love, angst, anger, happiness, fear, frustration and more…it is all in this book! The story doesn’t make you feel like a voyeur but draws you in that you become one with the characters. I felt Kennedy’s struggle as well as Memphis trying to do what was right regardless of what he felt. I even felt something for Brooks though it wasn’t kind at all. I cannot get my favorite scenes out of my head and that always leads me to how I will rate the book. I am giving this book 5 stars; I cannot stop thinking about the story and I have taken way too long writing the review because I kept getting lost going over my favorite scenes.