Fish & Chips

Fish & Chips - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban You can never have too much awesome.I am quickly losing my ability to write reviews on this series and this is only book three. I need to pull it together. These boys do not stop. They never fail to impress the hell out of me. I think this one, goodness me; it killed me in so many ways I don’t know what to say other than I love Ty and Zane. I do appreciate the thought. But really, I can honestly tell you that as long as you are around, it’s no contest. Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garret are firmly set as partners with the FBI who have a reputation “around the office.” After a quick lesson in the ring, they are given their new assignment. The boys get to go under cover as Dell and Corbin Porter, a VERY out and married gay couple who are going on a Caribbean Cruis. Oh and this couple just happens to dabble on the wrong side of the law. Great Googly Moogly. The boys get to be together without hiding? I knew that this would be fun but I did not know how much it would affect me. Did I mention they get to be OUT IN PUBLIC? I can go on and on about what I loved and the story but let me cut it short. IT IS FANTASTIC! That is it. There are a few scenes from this book that I cannot get out of my head. One, during the scuba ordeal, has to be one of the most bittersweet, ultimately heart stopping romantic thing I have read in a long time. I get emotional just thinking about it. I think I will go outside the norm of my reviews and just share a few quotes instead: “Teaching you to fight at all is an exercise in futility.” Ty responded in a matter-of-fact tone. “Luckily for you, I enjoy things like banging my head against a wall.”“I enjoy banging your head against a wall too.” Zane replied. ****He focused on how Ty moved, on the color of his eyes, the timbre of his voice and how it all still made his pulse speed up a little. ****It was an entirely new sensation for him, kissing another man in public. Something he had never done before. Something he was really enjoying. ****Zane’s lips quirked as his arms slid around Ty’s waist. “Who are you and what did you do with Ty Grady?”****Zane nodded slowly. Every once in a while, Ty came out with one of these comments that really made Zane step back and appreciate what he had. Right now, he definitely included Ty in that tally. ****“I’m not your keeper Garret.”Ty responded evenly. That was the problem: Ty wasn’t his keeper – Ty was his conscience. ****Ty looked at him silently. “I don’t understand what it does to you. But I do know that you are the most incredibly stubborn human being I’ve ever met.”Zane’s breath caught. He squeezed Ty’s hand. “I wish I was what you believe. I wish I was what you need me to be”. “Zane”, He said hoarsely. “You’re everything I need you to be,” he whispered. ****“Because there hasn’t been anyone but you in a long time. And I don’t think there will be. Ty looked back at him. “You sure?” he asked seriously. Zane met his eyes and nodded. “Just you.” ****So watching Ty like this was sort of awe-inspiring.And freaky. And sometimes hot. ****The part Ty both dreaded and loved about falling as the rush of the fear itself. Like the first jump out of a plane. Close your eyes and take a step and hope the ground doesn’t hit you too fast. Falling in love or just plain falling; they were both terrifying at any speed. Okay, I think I have enough now without getting all worked up about my boys. This was just a wonderful read. Under the false identities, Ty and Zane get a chance to be real couple, one that does not have to hide. It was wonderful to see the boys really get to know one another better, to simply be together, be there for each other. Fish & Chips is classic Ty and Zane. There are some laughs, some sweet moments, some really freaking hot moments and of course the moments where the boys’ lives are in danger. Will they ever get a break?I have fallen hard for these boys, yes they are total manly men who like football etc. but they are my boys. I claim them because I adore them and I cannot get enough.