Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2) - Tarryn Fisher “You look like trouble,” he grinned. “When I was growing up, my mother used to tell me never to trust a redhead.” I think your mother may have been right in this case Caleb, as least when it comes to Leah.Leah; where do I start? I knew that I was going to love to hate you and hate to love you when I learned we would get your side of this story. What I did not know was the depravity you would succumb to or compassion that you would rip from me at times. Once again, Tarryn Fisher has done a complete mind fuck on me with this story; I am still not sure how I can fully explain what I read. Can I explain Leah? Can anyone really?I was beautiful. I knew that, men told me all the time and most women were jealous of me. Dirty Red is not a retelling of The Opportunist, thank goodness; it is a continuation of the story right where we left off. Do we get glimpse of what happened in the past; meeting Caleb, the amnesia and the trial, through Leah’s eyes? Of course and they are brilliant and disturbing. Just as I had hoped they would be.“What is this? What is Dirty Red doing here?”I am who I am. My name is Leah, and I will do anything to keep my husband. Um yeah, will she ever! I knew that Leah was a bit nutty having met her before, but being inside her head was like a train coming at me head on and no matter how much I screamed at my limbs to move the wouldn’t obey. We get so many sides to this sultry, seductive and secretive redhead. From the first page she is selfish beyond belief. I swear I had to take medication to ease the TMJ pain from my jaw hanging open for at least 99.86% of this book. I am still shaking my head at the things that are done. I mean, come on Leah, can you honestly go through life thinking this way and doing the things you do?You’re so selfish. I'm sick of your drama. There are times that I felt for this woman, us redheads have to bond at some point right? I suppose I could attempt to give Leah half of the souls I have been accused of taking and I still think she would end up rather soulless. So what would be the point? The point is that everyone has a story; everyone has a reason for being, a reason TO BE, and a moment, that singular something that shapes their life and molds them into the person they become. Poor Leah, we get this with her chapters in the past. I wanted to hug this damn woman from the time she was 8yrs old, to trying to fit in at the slumber party to the moment she realizes she is in love with Caleb and the moments of clarity and semi-redemption that follow.Love is illogical. You fall into it like a manhole. Then you’re just stuck. You die in love more than you live in love. Oh this book! Ugh. It’s fantastic, it’s maddening, it’s frustrating and it’s not the end. Nope, we still get to hear from good old Caleb in the next book. That boy has some ‘splaining to do to this redhead. What in the world was he thinking? What have any of them been thinking? I mentioned in my review of The Opportunist you never quite figured out who it was, just which one of them was the true opportunist taking advantage of who with the lies and the deceit, you still don’t know. I still don’t know but I need to know. Goodness me.“What else are you not telling me?”“Probably the same amount of stuff you’re not telling me.”Leah, you are one bat shit crazy lady but you did not disappoint me one bit, not for one minute, one word of this book. I went from hating you, to loving you, to wanting to punch you in the throat, to feeling so sorry for you and then you did it again! This was craziness! I can only sit on my hands and wait for the conclusion of the Love Me With Lies series. I know it will be another horizontal mambo of my brain that won’t begin with an ounce of foreplay. This series likes to have a go with you and make it rough. I just hope we finally get the truth from our Thief.Human eyes are the sing language of the brain. If you watch them carefully, you can see the truth played out.