Armed & Dangerous - Abigail Roux “Where the hell have you been? You scared me, Ty. Scared me.” “I know,” Ty said still calm. “ I’m sorry I scared you. But I’m not sorry for going. You and I both know I needed it.”“I wouldn’t have stopped you,” Zane said in a more controlled tone.“I know, Zane.”“Then why the hell didn’t you wake me?”“I was afraid…I was afraid if I woke you and looked into your eyes I wouldn’t be able to go. And I had to go, Zane, I had to.” After the total heartbreak that I was left with at the end of Divide & Conquer I was more than thrilled to see my boys back together and working their issues out. Even if they are another case that will threaten their lives, they are together. I cannot stand them apart, the four days in Divide & Conquer was too much for me.Ty has gone dark on the order of Executive Assistant Director Burns and left Zane alone in Baltimore. After an urgent call from Burns, Zane is sent on a plane to back up a fellow agent on a case. What a wonderful surprise for both boys to walk into an airport and find out they will be working together; after Zane’s revelation and admission they NEED to be together.The assignment; get foreign national and former CIA operative,Julian Cross to Washington DC. What could be so hard about that job? Have you met Julian Cross? I have and I know what is capable of and what he will do for those he loves; aka Cameron Jacobs. From the minute Ty and Zane arrive at Cameron’s condo the hilarity began. The boys have their banter but this was a complete boy on boy book orgy of sexy, funny, smart men that had me grinning like a loon page after page.Special Agent B. Tyler Grady is in love with his partner, Special Agent Zane Garret and Zane has finally said those words back to his lover. The words Ty knew were there and he waited patiently to hear them. Their reunion after Ty bailed and only left a note was perfect. It gave a chance for the boys to get a few things out there and for Zane to finally give Ty that damn compass. I had been waiting for that, ( I did buy a shirt after all) and was not disappointed. Their jaunt around Chicago was so sweet, just two men in love and hanging out around town.Ty closed his eyes and allowed himself to enjoy the moment. “Come on,” he said after a few seconds of silence. “Let’s go see the sights for a few hours. Pretend it’s real.”Zane’s brow wrinkled. “Pretend what’s real?”Ty slid his hand down Zane’s arm and linked their fingers again. “That I can hold your hand without worrying about being recognized,” he said with a smile.Zane’s smile reappeared and he nodded. “Anytime you want.”Of course all too soon, they are on the job; heading to Cameron’s condo to take Julian into custody. What the boys didn’t realize is what Cam means to Jules. I loved, LOVED that I read Warrior’s Cross before this and got to meet Julian and Cameron. It was lovely to see them again, to see how Cameron has grown into himself and into his relationship with Julian. He is so confident yet still so Cameron. He had some wonderful, funny lines and his insight to simply unplug the coffee pot while the trained killers flailed about was brilliant.The twist and turns of this case kept me on my toes. I was unsure who was behind the attempts on the foursome’s life , curious if Julian would keep finding springs to undue and if Ty could come up with another Irish nickname for Julian, if Cameron could keep the egos of these men in check and if Zane would toss out another movie reference to further endear himself to me. The road trip was indeed “like National Lampoon’s Vacation, but with death, property destruction, and an Irish accent,” but it was never boring. With Ty and Julian at each other’s throats how could it be?As the gang tries to stay alive they have to seek out help and who better to help out a Grady than a Grady right? That is all I am going to say about that, it just has to be read but I did do a Snoopy Dance I my head when it happened. I do have to toss something, rather someone, in there that I loved in this book… Nick fucking O’Flaherty. Oh my, this tough talking, boat driving, gun wielding Irishman is fantastic. I wanted to punch him in Divide & Conquer but I fell for him instead. Nice job on turning my card Nick. The confessions he lays out in this book had me a mess as I read it at work. Oh man, I cannot wait to get more of Nick.With what I call classic Ty and Zane, Armed & Dangerous comes with the near death experiences, the funny one-liners, the sexy scenes, the tender moments between Ty and Zane with a few side bars of Jules and Cam and a whole road trip of fun. Pure and simple, this series is nothing but fun with a body count of insanity. I could go ahead and say this is my new favorite of the Cut & Run series but that would be a lie; each book is my favorite. I have never wanted to keep reading a series so much and hold off on the same time. The patience to begin the next book is my version of Ty and Zane foreplay.I have said it before, this series keeps getting better. Though the departure of Ms. Urban was sad to read about, I am amazed at what Ms. Roux has pulled off. This read wonderfully, the story of Ty Grady and Zane Garrett could not be told in one book. Their personalities wouldn’t allow it. I love the build of their relationship, watching them grow and change is one hell of a ride I am more than happy I finally decided to jump on.“Can you take more?”“Yeah, I’m really getting to like this whole slow burn thing.” ******Hopping up on my semi-soapbox for a minute******What absolutely killed me about this book what has my mind spinning and my heart aching? The longing that Ty and Zane just want to be together, to be with the person they love, to just be OUT together. I can’t get the scene in the airport out of my head; thinking of any same sex couple (or any two people for that matter) reuniting after time apart and NOT being able to show affection out of fear. Yes, I know how the boys handled it, but the angst that I felt for them, about any one not being able to show affection for those they loved broke my heart. The longing of wanting to show the world that you found love, that you are loved, but not able to show it again for various reasons? That just tears at my heart strings like nothing else. Though Ty and Zane are fictional characters “The ones who look at us like we offend them. Those are the ones I’d like to deck.” Yeah, I would like to deck them too Ty. Go hug and kiss my/your boy Zane for me.