Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1) - Cari Silverwood "I’d just signed a document that gave the man opposite me permission to mind fuck me into the next century."Two words: Mind fuck. That is what this story completely was. A day after finishing it my brain is still going through the motions trying to figure out what happened. What I do know, what I can tell you is that I loved it. Every single second that I was reading this story I was lost in the world Cari Silverwood created. Jodie has an idea to save her financially; she wants to make a documentary about women’s fantasies. She loves her erotic novels and decides the subject will come from what she reads: Capture Fantasy. Who better to help her bring this to fruition than her ex-lover and current accountant Klaus. Four weeks of “playing” in a fantasy world? Jodie lets the idea fly and Klaus grudgingly catches the opportunity. He knows her and he can protect her, but from who? "Weird, but understanding your own mind is the key to controlling it." From the moment Klaus and Jodie arrive at the beach house and set up to film I was on edge. Not sure where this would go or where it would take me. The story is told at a wonderful pace; you are introduced to each scene and given time to settle in for the show. Yes, a few things may surprise you but they are a more of an eye widening experience than a “where the hell did that come from?” The journey that these two take is beautiful and absolutely stunning. To watch the awakening of their desires, the struggle to let what they want float to the surface and the questions of IS it right and WHAT is right; ends up being a total mind fuck. With each passing day, Klaus and Jodie begin to discover that this world they are playing in has become more. It begins to take on the everyday, what they do to each other. For each other… who they thought they were has become blurred but as the days blend and become more focused is this what they want? "Peel off the veneer of civilization and people become unspeakable monsters underneath." The theme I get from this, from the entire story; communication. There is so much that could have been talked about to lesson situations that arise. But of course in this capture fantasy both Klaus and Jodie are caught up in it and going about it blindly. There was one scene in particular I kept screaming “A checklist! You need a damn checklist.” That scene had me in tears. I did not expect to get so emotionally attached to these characters. It is a rarity for me to identify with the female in most stories but I did with Jodie. I also could identify with Klaus. If you were granted your darkest, most desired fantasies what would you do? "Did every man have some version of a monster inside him, deep down? Maybe we just needed the right circumstances to set it loose."I love that this was told with dual POV’s. It was necessary. I had to know what was going on in both their heads. It would have been much less of a book without. I needed to hear Klaus’ inner struggle with his new found sadism, needed to know that while he craved this new side of him he feared it as well. I needed in Jodie’s head as she is changing, becoming the person that Klaus wants her to be, demands her to be. From the fight to the submission to the fight again, there couldn’t be one without the other. "The world was a frightening place and for once I had someone who saw me at my most basic, as who I truly was, and still wanted me." Take Me, Break me is an astounding book. I am in awe of what the author has given me, a glimpse into the world of...what if? A sexy, frightening, dominating, all consuming world that can either damn this pair or set them free into a new relationship beyond what they ever imagined.