How to Kill a Rock Star - Tiffanie DeBartolo "It sounds silly, I know. But for me, the power of music rests in its ability to reach inside and touch the places where the deepest cuts lie.”That quote can dually explain how I feel about music AND how I feel about this book. It has been days since I finished this book and still don’t have the words to properly pay homage to this story with a review. How to Kill a Rock Star was suggested to me by a friend. A buddy read was set up and off I went. I knew the book would be good but I didn’t realize it would be gorgeous. The author uses words like poetry; they wrap around you like a warm blanket on a cold day and seep into your soul where they will live forever. "His arms dangled like a puppet and he seemed to skim the ground when he walked, as if suspended over the edge of the world by a hundred invisible strings.”That folks is how you use words. Words are supposed to conjure up an image in your head so you see what the author wants you to see. Words are not filler to make a book longer; they are there to guide the reader. When you read those words you don’t imagine a physical marionette on strings; you visualize the way this man would stand there across the tracks in the subway. This book is amazing, absolutely stunning. I broke my highlighting record while reading it. There is such emotion throughout the book; the writing is dramatic, poetic, comedic and romantic. It is one of those books that you want to rush through to find out what happens yet take your time so it doesn't end.I don’t want to write too much and give anything away. JUST READ IT! This is a must read if there ever was one. "What I love, what it’s about for me, and what it’s always been about, is the music. Everything else I can use to wipe my ass. I’ve got my girl and my guitar, and for me that’s enough. The rest is yesterday’s news."