Giving an Inch (The Professor's Rule #1) - Heidi Belleau, Amelia C. Gormley What is the saying? It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it? That can be said for this book as well. Short on page numbers but not on steam or simple dominance via text message. James Sheridan is shopping for a special outfit, one that will help propel his academic career. Solo in this trip as his sister stayed home sick he is approached by a salesman to assist him. Awkward James begins to try on clothes assisted by the dark and handsome Satish who he believes is flirting with him. His choices need to be approved by his sister (Poor James is hopeless with fashion) so he snaps a picture of himself in the dressing room to text to her but with the slip of a finger, the picture goes to his ex-lover and Dom Professor Carson. For your approval, J. Who's the pretty salesman, my sweet? From that simple exchange our story begins to take off. I loved being privy to James and his thoughts. His inner struggle with what to do and where to go from here. His instant inclination to obey the professor even after years apart hit the right chord with me. The Professor? Loved him! They say you can't translate emotions but through each directive text the professor sent was emotionally charged and when they ended with "my sweet?" Ugh. Kill me now why don't you? There is something about the endearments of a Dominant to their submissive that makes me shudder. In a good way of course. Were they doing this? After two fucking years of no contact whatsoever? Were they really doing this again? If he did this, there'd be no going back. He was going to do anything Carson demanded of him. And it would be hot. No, not hot. Fucking incendiary. But the crash after. That was the rub, in Hamlet's words. How far would James let it go...I have to say this was one steamy read. I was totally sneak reading it at my desk, absolutely flushed the entire time and hoping no one asked what I was reading because I would not have been able to form a complete sentence. My mind was firmly set in that changing room with James the entire time. I have to give kudos to the authors for delivering a read that sucked me in instantly, actually before I bought the book I was drooling over this. Well played, ladies. Well played. Giving an Inch is a great introduction to this story line that I am very happy will be a series. I want to know where this will or won’t take James, Carson(and I hope!)Satish. The whole thing had been absolutely mind-blowing…